Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Help! Anyone? Help me!

Today we had tech. training at a local high school. We were surprised with the announcement that we got an hour and a half lunch! Yippee! Compared to the 20-25 minutes we normally get it was heaven! I called JJ on my way out of the building to see what I could pick up for lunch since we would get to eat together, something else that rarely happens during the school year. As I got closer to my car, I realized that, oops, I forgot my car keys in the room. I ran back in and as I was nearing the classroom we were training in, I hear over the loudspeaker, "For those of you still in the building, please disregard the fire alarm. We are doing testing." I braced myself knowing full well that I would jump anyways like the scaredy-cat I am. The alarm goes off, and all of the doors close with it. AND lock. I am in a pretty long hallway at this point, so I run, looking much like a mouse in a maze, from door to door hoping one was left unlock. I find a door to the outside that says, "Alarm will sound." and am just about to do it. I don't even care anymore! : ) When I think to call JJ and have him give me the number to the office so that I can call and let them know of my plight. As JJ is looking up the number (and laughing out loud -- jerk!), my savior, errrr, a custodian, comes through unlocking doors on his way. I tell him what happens, and even though he is chuckling, he seems sympathetic as well. I finally get out and enjoy a long (albeit not quite an hour and a half due to technical difficulties) lunch!

No comments: