Friday, March 12, 2010

I was doing so well...

CAUTION: NOT FOR THE WEAK OF STOMACH.

I was keeping up with my frequent blogging... and then.  And then Madeline woke up Monday morning.  I went in to get her and noticed that she had two dried cranberries next to her (her new fav. snack) or so I thought.  Upon further inspection, I realized that Madeline had thrown up ALL OVER  and had moved to the corner of her crib to avoid the disaster in the middle.  Poor baby.  : (  She cried a teeny bit in the middle of the night, but by the time I got to her door she had fallen back asleep.  Determined to leave well enough alone, I went back to bed.  BAD MOM.  (But, don't worry, I've already gotten past that guilt with the help of many seasoned Moms, including my own).  After yelling for JJ (and worrying poor MVJ even more), I gave her a good bath (which included combing out chunks of puke from her hair.)  In the meantime, JJ threw away her pjs and bedding.  Yeah, it was that bad.  And sanitized her crib.  She appeared to be doing ok - not 100% but not throwy-uppy anymore.  I left for work demanding that JJ call me immediately if she showed any signs of more sickness and I would rush home.  I didn't get a call and when I came home, JJ said they laid low during the day, but she seemed better.  She had two, count them two, blow out yucky diapers (one in which the onesie was also just thrown out.  Easier that way.).  She started not eating what she normally used to love.  We became at a loss for what we could feed the poor child.  By Wednesday she would only eat oatmeal. 

And then Wednesday night.  I got fast-food to go for JJ and I (per request from JJ).  I started feeling ill about a half hour to an hour post eating.  Three hours later I began throwing up and didn't stop until about 6 am.  It was seriously the worst.  At one point I made the mistake of drinking some water and promptly even threw that up a short while later.  Then came the big D.  If you don't know what that is, just nevermind, it's no fun.  That part still hasn't cleared up, but I DID eat some cheerios (dry) for breakfast, a small bit of bread for lunch and about a cup and a half of chicken noodle soup (sans the chicken) for supper.  Hopefully things will continue to stay down.  I'm not sure if I caught what MVJ had (with a vengeance) or picked up a 24-hour bug from the cesspool that is my school.  MVJ, by the way, ate a bunch for supper.  Hopefully she has come through this and is on the other side! 

No comments: