Saturday, March 27, 2010

Epic Fail!

When people at work complain about me being spoiled as I open up some fabulous leftovers from the night before that my hubby cooked, well, I have no argument.  I AM spoiled. 

Substory:
Yesterday JJ finally succumbed to the yuck that MVJ and I had earlier and that we apparently passed on to both my parents and possibly LJ (although that may be a stretch since we were well for a full week before visiting them - and she has her own germ carriers to deal with).  Poor JJ - we totally thought he was in the clear when he didn't get it right away with MVJ and I.  So I stayed home to care for both him and MVJ (MVJ has a yuck-yuck cold and we didn't want to bring THAT to anyone else's family either!).   

Back to original story:
Today I had to make breakfast for MVJ and JJ.  They both wanted oatmeal.  No big deal.  Right?  I started our frustrated that JJ wouldn't just eat one of the oatmeal packets.  NOoooo, he had to have regular oatmeal like from the big container of oats.  I don't think I'd be such a bad cook, but I've become really dependent on JJ.  AND he's such a great cook and ENJOYS to cook --- why would I take that away from him?? 

Anyways, I ended up mixing up the liquid measurement with the oats measurement!!  It came out just cement-like and yuck.  I added a bunch of water to it (I ran out of milk making the first batch) and served up the gloop to a wide-eyed JJ.  He asked, "Did you taste it?"  I was like, "Heck no!  It looks disgusting!"  My brave hubby took a bite and exclaimed to an equally wide-eyed MVJ, "This is honestly the worst tasting oatmeal I've ever had!  It tastes a little worse than cardboard."  Having learned my lesson, I made oatmeal for MVJ (with the correct measurements) and it came out completely soupy.  I have no idea what I did wrong that time, but JJ came to my rescue, dumping out most of the whole milk and cooling it off for my darling baby girl.  She was a champ eater - seriously - she eats an adult portion of oatmeal (and would eat it every morning if we didn't think she should have some variety!).     

1 comment:

Rhubarb and Venison said...

I love oatmeal! On an even better note, I'm sending you a cupcake coupon! Send me a note at rhubarbandvenison@hotmail.com so I can grab your email address and send it your way! Thanks. :)