Monday, August 24, 2009

Surprise!

A few weekends ago we headed out west for our annual (it seems) Wild West Tour. We hit up JJ's parents and my parents in one fell swoop. This time we decided to not let my parents in on the plans. We figured out a game plan and then called my brother to make sure my parents didn't have anything planned. My brother wasn't going to be around, but he saw that they didn't have anything scheduled. The big day arrived and it was even more perfect than I could've planned: it was my Dad's last day of work at the University! We could help him celebrate! So, as we got nearer to town, I called my Mom's work (our first stop). The ladies there are awesome, and within a matter of moments a secret email was sent out making sure my Mom wouldn't leave her office for the short time it'd take us to get there. I kind of laughed to myself -- the gals worked pretty hard -- does that mean my Mom just randomly takes off all the time? So that surprise was awesome, and my Mom even got to hold MVJ for a while! (We've been working on this whole Stranger-Danger thing for about a month. We think she's finally pulling out of it. Phew!) We asked what the big plans for the night were - we wanted to take my Dad out to eat to celebrate. My Mom said she had to wait for a big phone call for my brother -- something where the company would be calling the house phone and she just needed to give them his cellphone number. We decided we'd order in or pick something up and headed on to surprise my grandparents.

They loved it. It's so exciting to see my grandparents light up at the sight of us (and who am I kidding -- it's all MVJ!). My Grandpa had refurbished a teeny-tiny rocking chair just for MVJ. It's so cute! We can never leave there without some present or food item! (I'm NOT complaining!) Then, while we were about to be on our way home, my Mom called us. The more she thought about the phone call she was waiting for, the more she realized how hokey it was. Then it all clicked! Duh! It was part of the plan to make sure my parents were around Friday evening so we could surprise them! heehee! When we got a hold of my brother, he confirmed that it was all made up -- and he reminded me that he had told me that part of the plan earlier! Oops! Well, problem solved and we got to hit up Johnny Carinos for JJ and my first time -- yum, yum!

Other festivities for that weekend included a ride on the River Boat, a quick shopping excursion to purchase a picture frame for my Dad's new office, and even a golf game with brother AJ (and JJ) on our way home. What a fun weekend -- I LOVE surprises -- especially surprising people -- it makes me positively giddy!!

No comments: