Sunday, August 23, 2009

Are we raising a howler monkey???!

Oh boy! MVJ has a new trick. Can you guess what it is? I'll give you a hint: it makes her Mommy and Daddy's ears bleed. MVJ has developed the worst high pitch screech ever. Ugh. I'm not really sure where she got it from, or why. But it does get good results, I guess. We've tried the, "No! We don't make noises like that!" And the you go in your crib when you scream like that. And the let's distract you with your toys. And the let's get a paci in that mouth before that sound comes out again. We've learned that it generally signals utter and complete exhaustion, and so we just need to bounce her or something to send her off to sleepytime. Other times the distraction method does seem to work and has therefore signaled more of a, "I'm bored with this. Do something entertaining with me or I'll make that noise again." type of a deal.

A side note with the bouncing to sleep: MVJ has decided that only Daddy fits the bill when she is tired. She wants no one else to bounce her, no one else to carry her, no one else to put her in her crib. This is both super cute and super annoying at different times!

No comments: