Sunday, July 19, 2009

So I tried to go to Harry Potter yesterday. . .

Yesterday our friends RE and JE from Thief River Falls decided to come hang out and go to a matinee of Harry Potter, which I've been waiting to see! We found a babysitter, friend SM from work, and got it all planned. We thought there was a 2:00 showing, but it turned out it was either 1:45 or 2:15. I sent RE and JE to see if the 1:45 was open, but it was full. So we settled on the 2:15 and I headed out the door, while li'l miss MVJ slept and after SM had gotten the run-down on toys, bottles, teething tablets, etc! Right after the first preview (for the second installment of Twilight), I got a text from SM basically saying, "MVJ woke up screaming at about 1:50, I've tried everything and she won't calm down. Any ideas?" Oh dear! Not what you want to hear! I quickly exited stage left and called her to get the skinny. I hear MVJ wailing in the background and SM has tried everything I would've tried. I text JJ that I'm heading home, and the theater people were nice enough to refund my ticket (yay!).

At home, MVJ will just not calm down. She has worked herself up to hysterics and has basically done everything to SM in her arsenol: pulled her hair, spit up on her and spit out a chalky teething tablet onto her shoulder. What a little stinker!!! On the way home I was pondering what to pay SM. We had bought a gift card to the movie theater, but at first it seemed like a bit much for about an hour at our house... but... upon further thought, I realized she ABSOLUTELY deserved every single penny, and more!!! Poor SM! I feel so bad that MVJ was such a brat! And poor MVJ I suppose. Maybe leaving while she was sleeping was a bad idea since she didn't have a chance to warm up to her.

So, the conclusion? MVJ yelled at me for about 10 more minutes, then nursed and fell into a deep sleep. When she woke up she was just about the happiest baby ever. Little stinker!

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Poor EJ! What a stinker baby! MVJ must be a Twilight fan. Sounds like you should get a couple of girlfriends to go with you and leave Daddy with MVJ.