Friday, August 1, 2014

Baby #3

This baby seems to be a bit on the crazy side.  I can't decide if he/she is wearing him/herself out now and will just sleep when he/she makes his/her appearance or if this will be his/her temperament... the latter scares me a little bit!  :)  I also feel like my body is gearing up for labor earlier than with the other two.  I am more achy.  More tired.  More moody.  I have had some Braxton-Hicks.  At my 28 week appointment, my doctor checked me and there is no progression, thank goodness!  I also had the pleasure of doing the glucose test - no gestational diabetes.  Phew.  Then I got a shot in my behind since I have a negative blood type.  So, all in all, it was quite a wonderful appointment. 

In talking with my doc, I made some realizations about why this 3rd pregnancy feels different.  First of all is the obvious - my body knows what's going on and has started adjusting earlier each time.  Then there is another obvious - I am chasing after two children.  I kind of forgot about this third reason - I've never been more than a few weeks pregnant in the summer.  7+ months preggers while doing our busy summer things has quite frankly started wearing me out!  I have started noticing and taking more breaks.  My kids don't seem too affected by me sitting more and running after them less.  C is not happy that I won't carry him around anymore, but c'mon dude.  You're three.  It was bound to happen sooner or later! 

I am getting really excited to meet this new little one.  I thought it would KILL me not to know the gender, but it doesn't really seem to have changed much for me... besides maybe curbed some of my spending!  hehee  I *think* we have a boy and girl name picked out and have just finalized plans to get a hand-me-down crib.  Things are falling into place!  Now we wait and grow and get kicked and punched!  :)

No comments: