Thursday, August 7, 2014

Feeling Lucky

It seems like I am on a lucky winning streak lately.  But, on the other hand, I guess you could say I pad my odds by entering just about every contest in the hopes of saving some money.  I am thrifty, what can I say?  Here are a few examples of "winning" lately:

1. I already posted about Jamberry, but that was such a sweet surprise it just totally made my day/week/month/year.  It has been fun to gift friends and family since I have an abundance of wraps.  Since then several friends have become consultants as well.

2. I joined another "Facebook party" for Thirty-One, and my name was drawn there too!  This time I wasn't the surprise hostess or anything, but I did win free personalization.  Now, to be honest, that isn't a huge deal to me (and I haven't personalized everything I've gotten), but it was fun to be picked again.  I ended up getting a bag I've had my eye on for some time after borrowing my Mom's when JJ & I took a quick trip to Philadelphia in December.

3. On MyPanera card, I got a special deal added for August: free coffee (black or iced) for the whole month of August!   I don't personally drink coffee, but JJ is thrilled.  :)

4. We bought a new van last week, which is a big deal for us.  I was a little overwhelmed because JJ was completely unavailable and had to do all the looking/negotiating by myself.  Oh wait, not by myself, with 2 1/2 kids.  He was pretty proud of the work I did and that made me feel great!  BUT, then I backed into a jeep in the Target parking lot.  BOO.  Why is this in a post about feeling lucky??  My talented hubby, along with his brother, a bat,  and a mallet, bumped the bump out in about 15 minutes.  YESSSSS!  Lucky me!
  
5.  I can't forget about a huge deal I got at Target.  So, last week Target had a deal on diapers where if you bought two boxes, you got a Target giftcard ($10 for Up & Up and $20 for Huggies & Pampers).  I combined that with the offer of order online, but pick up in the store and get $10 off a $40 order.  That could be done four different times.  So, I bought EIGHT boxes of diapers and saved over $100!

I couldn't help but enter a few contests on a favorite "give away" site... I am feeling lucky!  :)
 

No comments: