Sunday, August 24, 2014

Preggo Dreams

I've been known to have some crazy dreams while not pregnant, but they get a little weirder when I am.  Here are a few from the past few months:

*I dreamed that I had a baby girl and was absolutely utterly shocked - I am so convinced this little bean is a boy!

*Then a few nights later, I dreamed we had a redheaded boy!  This was interesting because we have NO redheads anywhere that I am aware of on our family tree.  It was also kinda funny because JJ felt we had to throw out all of our boy names and go for a Celtic one.

*I had a nightmare that an eccentric billionaire kidnapped my children.  JJ and I were besides ourselves and he called a contact he had in the news (? not sure exactly why we didn't go to the police first...!).  The billionaire had sent the news team a list of demands before our babies would be released.  We had recently purchased a house, and the billionaire felt that our house was not "green" enough and the demands were all about things like fuel efficiency (yeah... in our house...).  Once we got the demands and started working on the list, the billionaire texted me pictures of the kids.  They were riding on the carnival rides he had at his estate.  He noted that they were well cared for, but they missed their Mommy.  Gut wrenching.  :(  We were able to get them back, but I can tell you that I didn't sleep the rest of the night when I woke up from this one!

*Last night I had another scary one when C-man took off in front of me when we were at the dentist.  In New York City, where we lived.  The dentist was in a highrise tower, and C jumped on the elevator.  I frantically pushed the button to return the elevator to our floor and yelled for him to STAY on the elevator!!  It was so hard because I had no control.  I have always taught my kids to STAY on the elevator and Mommy would come to them, but could I trust him to stay on?  Could I trust others to keep him on there??!  This was one of those dreams where I get to a situation and then my dreams become sort of a "choose your own adventure" where I have a series of changing the ending of the dream.  Does this ever happen to you?  Often I am starting to wake up by the end and force myself to make it have a happy ending so I can wake up peaceful, because yikes, my mind likes to think of the scariest outcome possible.  :(  No me likey.    

No comments: