Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Making Money the Easy Way

So here's the story.

I had a skirt to return to Old Navy -- as my SIL LJ noted, "Woah.  That's too big for M and too small for you!"  I know, it was supposed to go with leggings but, well, didn't.  So, anyways, I knew that I would have a little money coming back.  Since LJ and LJ : ) were shopping around, I decided to browse too.  I can NOT resist cute clothes for my babies even though they BOTH have closets full (and currently C's clothes are in OUR closet so I really should be trying to pare down, but no). 

While checking out the clearance I noticed the Batman onesie JJ had picked out for C a few weeks ago was NOW on clearance!  Score!  There was a cute Superman (yeah, that's how we roll... with a name like C, we really can't stay away from the superheros!) shirt there too for under $3, and another superhero onesie now on sale so I picked that up as well. 

WELL, I got to the register and mentioned to the lady that we had bought a onesie a few weeks ago that was now on clearance and showed her the receipt.  She said that THAT day was the last day I qualified for a price adjustment (must be two weeks).  Score again!  She scanned my receipt, rang up the two new items, and told me my grand total: she owed ME $6 something.  Jigga-wha?  I thought she might have made a mistake, but glancing at the receipt it had both the price adjustment and the new shirts, so I figured I was in the clear.

Looking at the receipt more closely, SIL LJ noted that when she price adjusted for the onesie, the whole receipt from our shopping two weeks ago was adjusted, and two other items were now also on sale.

Isn't that awesome?!  So now I really can end my story with, "And then I found $5." Except it's, "And then I walked out of Old Navy with two "free" shirts and $6."

I'm pretty sure this means JJ should have me go shopping more often.   

1 comment:

Jessica said...

that's awesome! way to go..and yes, he should let you shop more often! :)