Monday, May 3, 2010

Yet ANOTHER lesson learned. . .

I'll try to post more about our big weekend - but right now I just want to tell one little {embarrassing} story.  My brother graduated with his PT doctorate and his girlyfriend, SH, graduated with a bachelor's degree in science.

MVJ had some yuck diaper rash this weekend --- her first ever.  We've used diaper cream because she appeared a little red, but now that I've seen it I know that she hasn't had it before.  It didn't go away right away, so by the time we got home Sunday night I was a little nervous.  I asked JJ what we should do and after throwing out a few ideas, we thought we'd let her run around for a little while without her diaper.  We got home, ate, played, and she had a poopy diaper.  After I cleaned her up I figured it would be a good time to let her go commando for a little while.  I was trying to unpack (yes, we are the kids who still bring our dirty laundry home -- heck I've even brought it to my SIL and BIL's house!) and noticed that MVJ was standing really still.  I looked around her and saw a poopy on the floor and one hanging from her bum!!  YIKES!!  The Poopetrator strikes again!!  I am NOT good in crisis mode, so I yelled for JJ and scared poor MVJ (into stepping back INTO the poopy).  YUCK!  We got it all cleaned up and a fresh diapey on the baby girl!  Note to self: this one year old is NOT potty trained yet.  Leave the diaper ON!  : ) 

No comments: