Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My daily timer...

All of our clocks are all so off in our house.  My bedroom alarm clock is definitely the most "ahead".  Then I think the one in the bathroom, followed by the kitchen clock.  The one on our computer is definitely the most "behind" (which could possibly be the one that is actually right, but I swear it's even a minute or two behind my cell phone).  The one in my car is behind my bedroom alarm clock but ahead of everything else.  And the ones at school are a few minutes ahead of the "normal" time, but even there the one in my office is a little behind the one in the team hallway.  SO I can never be quite sure if I'll make it to school on time or not.  BUT the one way I know how I'm doing on my way daily commute is by the "Lighten Up" with KD spot on the radio station I listen to.  It's a moment to "brighten your day as you listen to author, speaker, and comedian KD" brought by WS, president of Compassion International, who brings it on behalf of children everywhere.  Yeah.... only heard the radio spot almost every week day morning for the past four years. . .  They play it *about* 7:50 every morning.  If I'm at my last corner before work, I'm doing pretty well; that's my goal.  However, it has played at the corner leaving campus... and even leaving my parking lot!  Yikes!  Some days It's playing as I leave my car and very, very special days I miss it because I'm already working hard at my desk! 

2 comments:

Lanae Brown said...

I look forward to hearing that "spot" every morning too! Have you ever seen him live? Hilarious!

JJ and EJ said...

That's funny! We are so alike! : ) NO, I haven't... but I want to!