Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hi-ho, Hi-ho

It's off to packing I go!  

We've decided to start packing whether we go to KCUMB or not.  We're moving to a new place regardless and have a storage unit to ease the whole process.  In preparation I've been starting to pack here and there.  When I get something in my head I want to go for it full guns.  I don't like a little bit here and a little bit there.  But we will still be here for at least the whole month of June, so I can't pack ALL of our stuff just yet.  Saturday we took one FULL vanload to our storage unit.  I was all excited to haul stuff OUTTA here... and guess what?  Guess what I noticed?  That a vanfull does NOT even put a dent in our STUFF.  We have SO much stinkin' stuff all over. 

I'm trying to be very choosy.  It just so happens that our youth group at Church is gearing up for a rummage sale.  I'm trying to put LOTS of stuff in that pile.  Two more trips and I'm starting to at least notice a difference - we're taking steps in the right direction!  JJ has been very helpful and has even taken time to sort through his stuff, too, for rummage sale items.  But, he knows this is my deal.  I don't mind packing... it's the unpacking that is not generally my favorite overall part.  Although, of course, the excitement of a new place and new organization systems and decorating ideas take over there too. 

This is a new experience - it'll be our first move with a kiddo.  MVJ tries to be ever so helpful, but for some reason almost all of the packing has occurred after her bedtime!  : )

Do you have any tips with packing?    

2 comments:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

How exciting! (The moving and not the packing!) :) I have no tips since I haven't done it for awhile and when I did it was from an apartment to a house. This next move is gonna be the big one (whenever that happens). We are already trying to weed through stuff now so that we won't have too much stuff to get rid of then!

Have lots of fun! :)

Lanae Brown said...

Oh how I know this packing business. Scary thing at our house, we've filled 2 trailers and started on a semi now, and we still have a crap load in the house. Not fun during the last week of school! Hope it is smoother for you!