Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Double duty items

I love things that do double duty. I guess I'm like Alton Brown, who preaches against things that serve only one purpose. We use receiving blankets as large burp clothes and a pitcher as a shower of sorts to help us get shampoo out of MVJ's hair and suds off her squirming body. I've recently started using a mail holder to organize upcoming recipes for the week. I've seen tiered pants/skirt clothes hangers used to hold tissue paper and gift bags, but have not accomplished this organizational idea in my closet yet.

But my all-time favorite double duty item that we just discovered is our baby monitor.... which has doubled as our very own intercom system! One day I needed JJ to come into the bedroom. I started calling for him, but with the TV on and other noises, he wasn't hearing me and I didn't want to yell. Ah-ha! (Do you see the lightbulb hanging over my head?) I pressed the monitor on and in my best store employee voice, calmly said, "Paging Daddy to the bedroom. Daddy to the bedroom. Thank you." In he came grinning from ear to ear.

1 comment:

. said...

i hope you continue to use them in public---you could get your shopping done in half the time!