Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My 10 Week Old!

Missy MVJ turned 10 weeks old yesterday. I remember when I turned 10 years old... it was a big deal because I was in "double digits"... well, now my little baby girl is in the double digits... weeks-wise anyways. It's hard to believe how quickly time goes. I know everyone says it, but it's just incredible nonetheless. Here are some of MVJ's latest tricks, favs, and abilities:

*She smiles! And don't tell me they're just gas, these are the real deal now! Sometimes I can even bring one out, but mostly they seem random at this point. She's so darn cute it's just unbelievable!

*She makes other noises than cries. They're definitely not a real coo or gaga or anything like that (I KNOW my baby's brilliant, but I AM realistic! ; ) ), but she is starting to baby converse in her own way. We love making up what she's saying. She is SASSY! Let me tell you! For example, this might be one of her conversations: "Hey! You! Over there! Yeah, look at me. Ok, here's a smile. There, I know, I know, I'm so cute. Well.... what are you waiting for?? I gave you a smile. You ackowledged I'm cute. Now PICK ME UP. Do it. C'mon. You know you want to. Oh, that's better. Thanks. Wait, now I'm going to punch you. Punch, punch, punch. Oh, and maybe a little kick too. Let me get my leggies going. Kick, kick, kick."

*She has started taking a paci every once in a while. It's still not her favorite thing... and generally she'll only take it if she's calm and ready to relax anyways, so it's nothing very useful to us. But, she does look so darn cute sucking on her little paci....... Oh! And she's also taken a bottle from time to time. It's still boobie juice (as Daddy calls it...), don't worry, but it's just helpful if I need to be somewhere, or as a family we want to do something in public where it's not convenient to find a spot to breastfeed.

*She GENERALLY (now that I say this it won't happen) wakes up twice a night (around 1:30 and 5:30), eats on one side, poops, gets her dider changed, eats on the other side, gets a few rocks, gets laid in her crib, and goes right back to sleep. It's been heaven lately. I think just the routine of it too has been helpful for Mommy!

*She loves, LOVES her mobile! Before she just sat in her swing like a little lump (I mean... baby), but now she is so much more interactive. It's so cute! She'll just stare down that poor lion, giraffe, and zebra. Then she'll kind of get a little shy and coy. And then a huge smile. What a little flirt! I think Daddy's smart in keeping her away from EB and his baby blues!

*She still loves being held, and bounced. Her favorite position seems to be tummy to tummy - either being held upright like that or laying while the person holding her is laying. Although, in a pinch when all else fails for soothing her, holding her out in front of me, her laying on her back in my two arms outstretched gently swaying back and forth will almost always do the trick.

*She still generally sleeps with her two arms straight above her (I surrender! It's good! [you know... the uprights... in football]).

*She still sleeps MOST of her day... mornings are best. She doesn't seem to like a lot of racket, and being around noisy children seems to bother her a bit. (The day with the B's was a stretch of her senses. Good thing Daddy could take her to our apartment for a breather from time to time.)

*Between 9pm and 10pm she generally has "Crazy Baby Time" as Daddy coined it. She's alert and kicking and punching and fighting sleep like nobody's business. There's not a whole lot Mommy or Daddy can do. At times she just has to cry it out. It's no fun for any party involved, so we're hoping it's a phase she goes quickly through!

1 comment:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

So fun! Our little one is just a few weeks older and believe me, I recognize and can relate with pretty much everything you wrote! The smiles are the absolute best (especially when you know they are just for you!) Just wait until she really starts cooing! It's my favorite to hear her try and copy the sounds I make. Ah, baby love!