Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Man... I must be breastfeeding...

I just ate three pieces of pizza! THREE! I think that is the first time in my whole life. Well, for one thing, I don't really like pizza... but normally I just can't eat that much. When I had my six week postpartum appointment, I told my doctor that I could eat all day every day. She told me that I actually need more calories breastfeeding than I did when I was pregnant! That shocked me, but when I was discussing it with JJ later it made sense. That little thing I was making in my body is now growing like a feign and using more energy -- for all that kick, kick, kicking and punching.

My challenge is to fill my tummy, but not with junk (like pizza! ; ) ). Also, being home I find that it's fun to bake! It's fun to make cupcakes... and then... well... the cupcakes just sit there looking cute waiting for me to gobble them up!

No comments: