Monday, April 27, 2009

No House for Us... Yet

JJ and I are feeling like big kids. Well, for one thing... we're parents! We've also been looking at houses lately. Our price range is somewhere between teeny-tiny and very small. It's interesting to see the houses available. There are huge fixer-uppers... small spaces... weird layouts... cute potential... antiques... I'm blessed for the fact that JJ is handy. We've found out more about the dynamics of our relationship, also. My role seems to be the realistic stick-in-the-mud. JJ is spontaneous... optimistic... impatient...

Here's a short list of things I've found that I require:
a) a shower,
b) a safe neighborhood,
c) at least two bedrooms with at least one of them accomodating the size of our bed (NOT that big!),
d) a sound foundation, and
e) no mold or even damp smell.

Not that demanding right?

4 comments:

AJ said...

Good smelling is the hardest to come by I think. It's good to have a balance of a realist and a dreamer I suppose.

Lyz said...

Yes, dear AJ, do we have that combo?

What about cigarette smell? That's very bad, too.

It sounds like your requirements are not too demanding. Wait for your 2nd house to get picky. (big backyard! Front porch! Bedrooms on one floor! No wall removal needed!) Oh, we were so lucky.

JJ and EJ said...

Yay for comments! : ) Yes, Lyz, definitely no to cigarette smell, because in my book that means replacing carpets and all that junk is a must.

You WERE lucky -- your house is so awesome! Although, not without some negatives, too. I suppose there is no perfect house... unless you start from the ground up I guess... and even then there could be trouble.

Lanae Brown said...

Some neighbors close by us are moving during the summer. I believe they are putting it up for sale next week. Message me on FB if you want to know more about it! We could be neighbors!