Monday, January 19, 2009

Lunch Meeting

I have wanted to chat with our Pastor for quite some time about "baby stuff" - Dedication vs. Baptism mostly, but all three of our schedules have been crazy lately. Today we finally were able to nail down a time -- on my lunch break from work. We got an hour (it was an inservice day). We never get an hour, so I had to take advantage of it! We met at the Green Mill for some yummy lunch pasta. Mmmmm. And had some excellent conversations! I love our Pastor. He's the guy who married us and he is just so... so... real I guess is the word. As someone who grew up Catholic, it was important for me to be clear about the committment we were making and what it all entails. Pastor P. (not to be confused with Mastor P), gave us good advice but encouraged us to go home and chat some more about what we wanted to do. He mentioned that Easter would be a perfect time for the Dedication or Baptism, but I felt that we would probably be in my hometown for Easter and we would maybe want it more personal. So, we decided on the weekend after Easter.

Oh, and we are seriously back up to like 15 people we know who are preggers. A gal at work had her baby Friday via c-section and was roughly four weeks early. Baby and Mommy are doing well from what I hear. I thought I'd give them a few days to settle in at home (should be going home tomorrow) before I bop by.

No comments: