Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some quick updates

Here are a few details of my life to get you caught up : )

1) When we were in my hometown after our big winter getaway with my family, we bought a van! Woohoo! And JJ is even excited about it! Yes! We bought it New Year's Eve and we feel confident that it was a good deal and the right one for us. It's white and has the stow-and-go seats in the back, which we didn't even realize we wanted but absolutely adore now that they're there!

2) I donated my hair to locks of love again! Whenever I'm growing my hair out (which is often - this is like the 6th time I've donated) I always just get to a point when it is TIME. This happened again when we were in my hometown, so I booked an appointment at the school run by a family friend and viola! Two hours and 10-inches later (sorry JJ who was waiting... the schools are NEVER quick, but I didn't expect TWO hours!) we were on our way.

3) We officially have a baby room! Well, it really still is a multi-purpose room, but at least it's mainly a baby room! When we left my hometown, my parents loaded our new van! with tons of stuff they had been collecting for us - a beautiful crib, a blankie my Mom made, the small cradle my Grandpa made me when I was a baby for my dolls, an antique rocking chair my parents and Grandpa refinished, a play area - with stuff overhead for the baby to lay on her back and play with, some clothes, some dolls, and a swing (that sadly enough did not actually make the complete trek - when JJ was unloading, it fell apart. We decided it was better now than when we set our baby in it!)! So, you can see how the room is coming together!

4) I am officially addicted to the computer. I would sit in our "command center" after school and get up at like 9pm. It was honestly causing a strain on our relationship. JJ was mentioning it to family (like AJ), etc. So. I put myself on a computer ban for after school Friday and all of yesterday. It was great! I made favors for the upcoming baby shower with my upstairs neighbor, I read a ton, I cleaned and organized, etc! It was a good thing (thank you Martha). Now I'm *trying* to really limit myself. It's a reality that computers are a part of our lives, but as a soon-to-be Mommy, I want to refocus my life! So, along with some computer limitations, duh duh duh duuuuuh.... #5

5) We completely changed around our living room! JJ is wonderful! I told him that I needed the computer to not be such an easy time waster for me. I didn't want it by the big comfy chair. I didn't want it facing the TV. I wanted it to be a place for quick reference or email/facebook/blog update. Almost everything got moved. In the process, JJ helped take the time to vacuum and I cleaned areas that probably haven't been touched since we moved in (the heat registers behind the couch for example. Yuck!) and JJ even re-scotch guarded the furniture. It's fabulous! We went to friends' last night and when we came home, JJ commented again, "It's like we've moved to a new place!"

A side bonus of the move is before the mouse and keyboard often rested on our big comfy aforementioned chair and because our town is so stinkin' dry, the mouse and keyboard would sometimes get zapped (which JJ claimed ONLY happened when I was by the computer). Now that *shouldn't* happen anymore!

No comments: