Friday, January 9, 2009

School done for Christmas break

Life was crazy before break. JJ had finals (blegh), but did very well on them. In fact, he had his best semester of his college career. And that's with crazy science classes, folks. I have to remember that an A in Neuroscience is noncomparable to an A in Teaching Little Kids to Do Art. But don't let me get started on my education or career choice or we could be here all day. His spring semester will start next week, so poor guy, all week he's had an endless honeydo list. BUT, I also know he's gotten some quality guitar hero and movie time in as well as a few late wake-ups, so don't feel too badly for him.

Since my maternity leave is looming in the near future (afraid to start counting the days because it is coming SO quickly!), I have been focused on meetings, meetings, meetings to get them all done before I leave. Oh yeah, and preparing for a sub, as well as keeping up with my job. Let's see, added to that, one of my kiddos is headed for foster care. Can we say "emotionally draining"? And certainly it is a bit understandable why the child is thinking school isn't so important.

And these are the days of our lives. . . . .

No comments: