Saturday, November 29, 2008

Niecey LJisms

Oh niecey LJ. She has my heart. I love spending time with her (well, except for that time today she had a meltdown about not getting the Barbie Island Princess book with the lame story line she found at B&N). Today we were reading a story and she felt the baby kick her. She squealed with delight and every time I put my hand on my belly, she would too. If she couldn't feel anything she'd say, "Oops, it fell asleep." Later when I fell asleep on the floor, Uncle J (JJ) told her to wake me up, and she ran in and kissed me on the cheek. It was so sweet! When we were coloring in the evening, she kept asking me what color to color certain things. Most of the time I told her whatever she'd like to use would be the best. But, I got tired of that comment, so I started choosing colors for her and she commented, "I think you're finally becoming a great artist!" I told her a joke while we were coloring and doing a word search with all the words relating to movies. She was saying "moooovies" and I was reminded of a joke: "What do cows do on Friday nights?" "Go to the moooovies!" She thought this was hillarious and I told her to remember so she could tell Daddy later. At dinner, I brought up that she should share the joke she learned and she asked me to repeat it. I whispered the question in her head, and she yelled out the answer! We had a quick lesson in "humor"... She tried out some jokes on her own... followed by another lesson to quit if it comes to the point when you're the only one laughing. I explained that I had learned that the hard way multiple times! : )

No comments: