Monday, November 3, 2008

Susie Homemaker

So I'm not quite what I'd call a homemaker... yet... but I'm definitely on my way after today. I'm kind of boasting here a bit, so just a warning. I mended a pair of JJ's jeans today with my own sewing machine! I even picked out the right color thread and got my bobbin all ready to go with matching thread. I know! And I think they look half-ways decent. I mean, not like my mom, JJ's mom or SIL LJ's mom quality, but I'm still 9-ing from the whole experience.

[side note: My friend KL (soon to be KA) coined the term 9-ing to refer to the state of being on cloud nine!]

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Let's be honest here: all those amazing ladies you listed have at least 20 (if not 40!) years of experience on both of us. So we have some time to work on it.

What I want to know is, why can I make curtains, aprons, and even stuffed animals, but hemming Aaron's pants scares the heck out of me? And I just don't do patches. That's what Mom is for.