Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cheaper by the Dozen

I have always been fascinated by big families. My mom is 1 of 13 and of course JJ is 1 of 9 -- and here's a fast fact: they are both #9 in their families. I find the dynamics so interesting. Not that one family is better than another one, they are just different.

So, apparently I'm not alone in my fascination. TLC has a few shows on now that showcase big families. My all time fav. is Jon and Kate Plus 8. (J&K+8). Yeah, I am that big of a dork. They may not have the hugest family, but just THAT many four year olds? C'mon. They are pretty much on a free pass to Heaven. They are so stinkin' cute too. Many people give Kate the shaft, but seriously, I totally respect her system. She has to be that organized people! All of the kiddos have definitely unique personalities and it is so fun to see them grow and change.

Just following J&K+8 on TLC Monday nights is 17 Kids and Counting. They are quickly finding a place in my heart. I love how Conservative they are. I've actually thought about writing in to them or the show and say how impressed I am with how they answer questions -- even the little kiddos seem to know why they do what they do. Their kids are so cute also! I can't imagine that many kiddos, but at least at this point the older ones help out the younger ones -- and the oldest is even getting married soon. My favorite is Jinger. She is so sarcastic it just cracks me up.

No comments: