Monday, March 31, 2008

New sprinters' coach? Sure, why not?

Apparently I'm the go-to girl for any new postitions open at my school. The other day the vp stopped by my room. "Hey, we need a female track coach. Interested?" "Sure, why not?" Some extra change in the pocket before summer break is always wonderful. So, I head to practice after school. Three of the other coaches are hillarious and fun guys. The other one (basically first time ever chatting with him) casually dishes about his recent divorce and low times where the boy's bball team he was coaching was the only thing keeping him from ending it all. Ok buddy. Then I find out I'm the sprinter expert. Sure, why not right? I haven't "sprinted" since hmmmm... can't even remember when. Since a big sale at the mall or something. : ) If anyone has some good drills for sprinters, it would be much appreciated! : )

No comments: