Monday, March 24, 2008

Still got it...

My Grandpa turns 85 this week. But really, age is just a number - he and my Grandma stay very active and involved. We celebrated with a little food and a lot of good company. And for my family the party isn't complete without some pinochle. But, JJ and I added a new game tradition - we brought our wii along for the weekend. We played countless games of tennis, bowling and even broke out the new Olympic game. My G'pa used to bowl in a league for many years. I even remember it. So, I challenged him to a game. He beat me. I swear I wasn't going easy on him either! I was so impressed with how he picked it back up right away. He even remembered which buttons to push on the wiimote. So there was the occasional shot to the audience (when he accidentally threw his ball backwards), but who hasn't done that? I told him to keep his arm fresh because I want a rematch when we come back to visit!

No comments: