Monday, November 8, 2010

If Daylight Savings Time were a prescription drug...

...it would definitely come with a warning:

*Not for children under five.
*Not for people with such children in their households.
*Not for women who are pregnant or nursing.


I used to LOVE daylight savings time -- well especially the fall one of course!  Gain an HOUR!  An hour of sleep!  An hour of hanging out with friends!  An hour in the morning before Church so I actually did my hair that day!

I can't even blame M too much - it was all me this year.  I woke up about 5 am (with DST adjustment) and could NOT get back to sleep, no matter how hard I tried!  When you try so hard do you find that you're keeping yourself awake that much more??  Anyways, I decided enough was enough.  Baby decided he was hungry.  At about 5:30 am I was eating breakfast and taking care of some computer business I needed to do (pay my student loan... choose a few new books from M's book order... write to our Compassion kiddo... facebook... check my email...).  Even this morning I was up a good hour before my alarm.  It does have some perks - getting a few things done - some laundry here, a clean sink there - but I'll be dragging tonight I'm sure!

M did pretty well... at times... But she also had her moments.  One of them being throwing herself on the floor (down the aisle) at Church and kicking her legs and swinging her arms (not tantrumming, but "floor dancing" to the music).  I was inclined to let it go.  JJ was like, "Take her to the nursery!!"  Another one was when she looked at me with that "I'm SO doing something naughty!  Are you watching this Mom?!" look on her face as she put a big stick in her mouth while we were having a nice conversation about how we don't put such things in our mouths.  Then she also went with us to Bible Study.  Ok, get this, because it is a first for us.  Bible Study with adults... and the leaders' parents come over to babysit downstairs.  What, what, what?!  Perfect!  M had a blast.  They were so quiet that at the end of the study we were all joking that we would find the poor H's tied up downstairs and the toddlers running the place.  The H Grandma runs the preschool that is affiliated with our Church (and nursery during Church), so she definitely has a few tricks up her sleeve!   

No comments: