Saturday, July 23, 2011

Checking things off left and right

Back to The List.  I currently have TWELVE I can check off, and will go through a few of these rather quickly so I can tell you about one very big one to check off: The ROAD TRIP.  : )

#14: Prep for VBS: I love our Church and I love to help out -- especially since I know how awesome the programs will  be for M and C when they get old enough to participate.  So, that is how I ended up helping with VBS.  My job?  To assist the leader of preschool VBS and to get all the supplies.  It really wasn't that much work, just organizing it all WITH my very special helpers got a little busy!  Here're my bags after my shopping trip to Walmart that ended up being a slight nightmare with tax exempt blabbety-blah...

Our planned Church carnival got delayed because of a big storm so attendance was way down, but the kiddos who were there had a great time!

#16: Teach Summer School.  I decided to go with my American Girls theme (from this post) and sadly only one week filled up --- World War II with Molly.  I got everything all planned, organized, made, etc. and was super excited!  I showed up to work Monday morning to find that my sign to hold up so kiddos could find me wasn't there.  I talked to the head lady... who informed me... that I was a week off!  My class was the next week --- the week we planned to leave for our vacation!  BUMMER.  Another gal ended up teaching it, but I'm still totally counting it checked off the list because I did all the planning!!  Epic fail on that one.

#15: I love corn on the cob.  We ate some.  Delicious.

#13: Outlet mall.  We found THE BEST outlet mall around and can't wait to go back.  I fell in love with Ann Taylor Loft and ended up buying two pairs of pants and two tanks --- all of which I can totally wear to work.  We ended up going here the day before my birthday and I TOTALLY counted it in with my festivities!

#23: I checked out the audio book: Women and Money by Suze Orman and realized that I can't really listen to audio books when I'm driving - plus M and C aren't too entertained by Suze while just driving around town.  I finished about half the book -- it was interesting -- I definitely agree with some things and disagree with others!  : )

#33: I did it - I spent less than $100 at Target!  : )  We go there so often, it really shouldn't shock me that I could do it.  It just seems like whenever we go there the bill is right around $100.  Something that totally helped in this endeavor?  When my parents came to visit for M's 2nd birthday, they packed their van full of diapers for baby C ---- and we have not had to buy a single pack so far.  Pretty amazing!  He HAS grown faster than M -- she was in size 1, and size 1-2 much longer than baby C -- so we have had to exchange some packs, but that has been no problem!  : )

No comments: