Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lazy Guide #7: GOOD things come in threes

Maybe this is just a Feng shui thing (or maybe not... I don't know a thing about it... I should probably check out my own link!), but when I add details, I almost always add them in threes.  I will often have three things going across my card or three dots together (like on this card).  Another tip I learned somewhere is to always start in the middle and add one thing to each side.  If you start on the edge, you are more likely to end up not being evenly spaced (if you're going for that sort of thing).  I still always just eyeball it!

2 comments:

jillg said...

I don't know if I stick to three's... but I do love odd numbers when I'm scrapping.

ps. I've loved these posts!

Lyz said...

I don't think it's feng shui - it's just good design to use an odd number! Check it out when you are reading a magazine...:) Sometimes you'll see a grouping of 4 photos, but usually it's an odd number.

Did I give the tip about spacing? Cause that it really important if you are doing a sticker title for scrapping!

Btw, I - not a cardmaker - am really enjoying this series and how you planned ahead for your vacation! Jealous.:)