Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I can't make this stuff up...

I have been dealing with a lot of odd things at work lately. Without giving away any identifying information and being too specific, let me share what my week has been like.

1. First of all, I have had no voice. Having a voice is really an important thing. Especially as a teacher. (and a mother- MVJ has been giving me quite the looks lately! and worshiper- it is odd to be at Church and not sing. It bugged me! I found myself having trouble getting into a worshipful mood.)

2. One of my students told another student to tell this other girl (that he's had bullying issues with this whole year) a very, very nasty (sexual) statement. Yuck-o. Can you say social skills unit for tutorial??

3. We've been dealing with a student... uhhhh... I can't even believe students would do this IN class, but masturbating. He has been seen doing it in several classes, been talked to (by the school counselor -- none of us female teachers really want to broach THAT subject with him), and continues to do it. Gross! It's so weird - if we teachers are noticing, it won't be long until students notice too and he gets a bad, bad reputation.

4. Today we had a different schedule to watch the movie Radio. We figured kiddos could use a little break before our long break (students have two days off because of State Hockey - yeah, we have school on both Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and President's Day, but get State Hockey off! I bet you can tell where we live!), but also we hoped kids would take to heart the message of the movie. After starting the movie, kids headed to lunch and then allied classes (gym, art, world languages, etc.). While in another class, a student decided to beat up another student. It became this big gossip deal and people began thinking the bully was this great guy. UGH. These kids don't get it. It's so frustrating.

Yeah, so I'm probably even MORE looking forward to a break than my students! We have training tomorrow, but Friday? Friday's going to be all about playing with Miss MVJ and her Daddy!!

1 comment:

jillg said...

Man! Sounds like that all could really wear you out! I hope things calm down after the break!