Monday, February 1, 2010

Biggest Loser

Yes, I know, my brother already said it.

Last year since I was pregnant and due before the end of the school year, I was banned from joining my school's Biggest Loser competition.  This year, I am IN.  The rules are simple.  We each put $10 in a pot (well, in a zippered bag stored in a locked drawer in the office), weighed in in January and will weigh in again in May.  The person to lose the biggest percentage of weight wins the pot!  There are twenty-one people participating, so that's a lotta dough.  Enough to help me forgo that desert?  Hopefully!  Of course this week hasn't been the best week -- we celebrated MVJ's birthday with my family AND celebrated JJ's birthday with our Bible Study friends.  It was round one of celebrations with a few more to come.  Yikes!  And before this week, even, JJ was on a cake-making kick.  I confronted him about it and he finally managed to say that someone from my work called and asked him to sabotage my healthy eating kick.  :  )  (j/k)

But, on the other hand, I've started working out in the evenings.  It feels so good.  I'm starting easy: a pilates DVD and The "You Docs" workout DVD.  They're each about a half-hour, so are totally doable, but still make me feel like I've done something.  I've even gotten JJ off the computer chair to join me.  What a trooper!

No comments: