Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crock Pot Love

I heart my crock pot.  Seriously, best invention in the kitchen EVER.  In a big after Christmas sale, I bought myself a slow cooker page-a-day calendar.  It came with cookbook dividers for organizing the recipes when the date has passed.  Genius!  I think my fav. go-to crock pot recipe is chili, sans meat.  What is yours?  Please share your favorite recipe!

Thursday JJ made pot roast (with carrots, potatoes, onions and celery) in our crock pot.  DELICIOUS.  It's one of those things when I'm thrilled that there are leftovers after eating leftovers (twice)!

4 comments:

jillg said...

Today I made a bear roast in the crock pot with potatoes, onions and carrots. It was delicious! If someone wouldn't have known, they would have thought it was a beef roast!

JJ and EJ said...

Yeah, I'd have to be one of those that wouldn't have known!! I'm not that adventurous! I guess you have to be with such an adventurous hubby! : ) Good work JG!

PamH said...

CRANBERRY MUSTARD PORK CHOPS
FOR CROCK POT

Ingredients:
1 – 16 oz can of whole berry cranberry sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons brown sugar

Place pork chops in crock pot
Mix the above ingredients and pour over pork chops
Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours

Lyz said...

I just made a ham & lentil soup that was pretty great.

The only negative of crockpots for me is that the smell of the food permeates the entire house...for at least a day. Usually not too bad, but I don't need to smell a roast when I'm trying to go to bed!