Monday, January 18, 2010

And here's the REST of the story...

alt. title: AZ, part deux

Oops, I think I forgot to mention that on Wednesday night (I think.... may have been Fri...) we headed to the Scottsdale Zoo to check out their Zoo Lights.  It was so cool!  They even did the thing where they set the lights to music.  It was quite an experience!  MVJ got her first ride on a carousel -- NOT her favorite.  She almost instantly climbed back into my arms and dug her head in my shoulder.  Baby CS was a champ, smiling the whole time!  

Thursday, New Year's Eve, my parents headed to meet some friends at a pancake house and we did laundry and hung out until a little after noon.  We did some more shopping - YAY - including Children's Place and Gymboree.  MVJ got some great first birthday presents!  Great Auntie SC bought MVJ a Baby Stella doll and my Mom and I bought her a few accessories.  I was planning on buying her her first cabbage patch, but since she already has this doll now, it just makes sense.  Plus, I am in love with her new "baby".  I love that she's all soft and squishy and her paci (and I'm guessing parts of her other accessories) are magnetic.  Supper was at a fabulous mexican restaurant: Los Olivos.  Yum-o.  Of course I didn't have much of a chance to savor my supper with very busy MVJ.  She loved the mariachi band, though, and was at least kept entertained!  She loved the tortillas and TRIED to eat Daddy and Mommy's meals.  We had a big pinochle tourney for fun with winners and losers tables.  Losers switched partners while the winners stayed with theirs.  My mom and aunt S dominated the evening.  We celebrated New Years on ND time because we were all so tired!  I fell asleep before then even - they had to wake me up for the toast!

On Friday, JJ and I were able to check out the campus of the med. school he would be interviewing at less than two weeks later.  We got there lickity-split, so that was nice and it was even somewhat outside "The City", which was a bonus.  Then JJ and I went to Sherlock Holmes with cousins C and T while the grandparents babysat!  We enjoyed it - JJ always knows the plot lines minutes into the movie and I am always caught up in every fake plot and non-right clues!  I am always thoroughly surprised and JJ is always thoroughly satisfied with himself!  Great for both of us!  We ate outdoors Friday evening and it was just beautiful.  My aunt and uncle have a little outdoor heater that makes it just perfect.  MVJ ate a ton of potatoes and more lefse and oranges/tangerines/whatever!  We had our official pinochle tourney this night where we kept score and had prizes!  My Dad won with the highest score and my uncle lost with the lowest.  It was a fun night either way!  We turned in early to get all packed up - and were slightly nervous at the bulkiness of our bags, sure that they were over 50 pounds!

Saturday was our departure day, but it wasn't until later in the evening.  We headed to a train park in Scottsdale that we knew would be a hit with my Grandpa.  It is run by a club interested in old trains.  They even had a mini train to ride around.  MVJ loved it - until the tunnel - then she just about flung me backwards trying to get as close as she could to me!  We got to try out the C's hiking backpack.  MVJ LOVED IT.  We WILL be buying one for ourselves or using theirs later.  JJ also said it was very comfortable and he felt like she was completely secure -- two definite plusses!  After some In-n-Out burger, we headed back to the airport.  The plane was a little late, but we made it back to the Bizzo in time to pretty much head right to bed.

We basically woke up, got dressed, and headed out.  We just needed to be HOME for a little bit before I had to return to work.  It was a fabulous trip, but we were gone from our house for 10 action-packed days.  Let's just say MVJ slept for 13 hours straight Sunday night!    

2 comments:

Lyz said...

Hey, we went to that train park, too! Isn't the playground there awesome? Such a nice place for the kiddos.

So, were your bags overweight or what? I'm curious.:)

JJ and EJ said...

Yeah, that's what Aaron said. Yes, but we didn't spend too much time at the playground - my kid being 10 months at the time and all! : )

NOPE! They weren't! The heaviest was 38 lbs! We did have three bags though...

My Mom's was overweight, but a little shuffle and she was all good.