Tuesday, June 24, 2008

That darn gravity!

I have two kiddos I see on Mondays for reading practice. They have shown signs of regression after summer vacations of old, so this summer, duh duh duuuuh, they get yours truly to make sure they keep up with their skills. Their teacher worked with them together last year so I figured we should try that this summer, too. I called one of the boys' dad to make sure the time change for his son would work. He said that it wouldn't be a problem, but that his son did not want to work with the other child. I had no clue they didn't want to work together. When I posed the option, he seemed fine with it. I wonder if this negativity could possibly have to do with the unlimited rock wall climbing pass his auntie gave him??? (Read or climb walls... read or climb walls?) I told dad thanks for letting me know, but that I still wanted to give it a try.

So. Planning x10 occurs. I over plan so that there will not be one spare moment for them to complain! And guess what? Both boys had a blast. In fact, boy 2 was chatting about the next time he could read with boy 1. Huh. Funny thing. And, he still got to go to the climbing wall for 1/2 hour (which in my opinion is enough anyways, because his hands get pretty sore). At the rock climbing wall, he kept having trouble on this run that involved a big outcrop that he had to climb up and around. He just could not figure it out - good thing the worker was belaying him - because he seriously did some matrix style moves as he continually fell from that spot. Darn you gravity!

No comments: