Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Budget

JJ and I are on a "budget", which we have realized is more of a "spending plan". We actually should be tighter. Probably much tighter. But, there does come a point when, well, we could be completely thrifty and not enjoy life. It's a balance I guess. JJ bought a small remote control helicopter this weekend. Today he found a different type in Sportsmansguide that was cheaper than where he bought his. So, of course, he should have it right? A few years ago our spending plan was similar to this: you buy something and then I get to buy something of similar value. heehee... it would make financial advisors croak. But, we are wiser and of course older, so we are trying to be better. This last month was tough on our budget. Weddings and graduations and birthdays, oh my! Throw in Bath and Body Works' semiannual sale and you have a recipe for a spending plan disaster. Today, though, I went grocery shopping and only spent about $50. Usually, just showing up is like $100 I swear. And it's just the two of us. We're back on track. I swear this time. : )

No comments: