Friday, June 27, 2008

BBQ and such

We planned my bday BBQ to take place at UPark and found out that there was a huge kids day at the park. JJ called the park office to see if there were any shelter available anywhere and found out that at a different park there would be one open -- first come, first serve. So, he and JP showed up a little before 4 and camped out. How sweet, huh? We had quite a few guests attending, so we just had to come up with some location. It all worked out, but who knew June 25th would be so popular??!

Yesterday, we played sand volleyball and won two games in a row. The other team had some really negative people on the team, so when we asked if they wanted to play another one for fun, they just kind of sneered at us. After the match, we went to l'bistro and ate some fabulous appetizers while listening to a local jazz band (incidently, the band teacher at my school plays trombone in it). It was a fabulous day!

My mentor for the last two years was at l'bistro with her son, who is a fourth year medical student. I mentioned that JJ is taking the MCAT in a few weeks and her son said that he is on the interviewing committee for UND AND he is good buddies with one of the people writing one of JJ's reference letters. C'mon God, those have to be two signs that we're headed in the right direction!!

As I said to the financial guy we are meeting with, JJ is my investment. : ) No pressure, sweetie.

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Did you get my IM'ed Happy Birthday? I'm glad you had a good one, even without my kids running around being smart alecks.

Yeah, and ....no pressure.:)