Friday, June 20, 2008

Adventures with the Kiddos

With my mentor job, I don't always know what to call the children I work with. Students? Mentees? Clients? So I have settled with kiddos. JJ has started using the term too. It has confused people more than once. "Where's EJ?" "She's with her kiddos." "Really?" Well, one of my kiddos made it clear what he thinks I am. We were at the park and this Dad was giving really good tire swing rides. Kiddo N wanted to get a ride so I'd love to say that he asked nicely if he could have a turn, but anyways, he did end up having a turn.

Dad: "Sure, only if it's ok with your Mom."
Kiddo N: "That's not my Mom! That's my social worker!"
Dad: (stammering) "Oh, jeez, sorry, I know it's never good to assume."
Kiddo N doesn't even notice as he tries to get into the tire swing.

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Oh, those kiddos. Last night I showed Leah some really heinous shoes on a fashion website and asked if she liked them. "No, I don't like them at all!"

No gray, folks, it's all black or white.:)