Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sad news

I wish this note could be happy and upbeat, but that just isn't going to happen today. Yesterday was just a drainer. One of my coworkers (AB-E) lost her baby and she was between 4 and 5 months pregnant. It is just so tough. I can't imagine. She and her husband were SO excited to get pregnant and then... the worst news ever. She was back at school yesterday. She is so brave. I would be like I'm done. See you next year or something. She said she just needed to get over that first day. She needed to share her story and get support. She is an amazing lady. One of the comments she made has just resonated with me. Icky people have babies all the time. People who abuse them. People who don't have the resources to care for them. People who are on drugs, who don't even want them, and the list goes on. It's just not fair. It's tough to bring it back to my faith. I know God has a plan. I know His hand is in all things and He can bring us out of these lowest moments. I just don't know why... and I suppose that is why He is God and I am NOT.

No comments: