Sunday, February 10, 2008

Parties, Parties, Parties

I am learning that teachers enjoy "parties" immensly. Just in the last two weeks there have been five parties that I have been invited to and I'm sure there were others within my school happening. People like the chance of getting free stuff by being a hostess and teachers enjoy time outside of class to spend together. I was sucked into this world quite easily actually. I went to my friend SM's lia sophia party and bought some Christmas gifts, no biggie. But then I decided to host a party... duh duh duuuuh. It was really fun to hang out with friends in our teeny-tiny apartment and check out the products. I got some hostess prices and free stuff too, which was very fun. I do, however, always feel awkward and hope people don't feel like they should buy stuff. I was explaining this to my friend JAP, and my mom EK joked that I should've done this BEFORE the party! : ) The shipment of jewelry already came and I'm superexcited about it. JJ of course doesn't feel like I benefited at all by hosting since I would've saved money by not buying anything at all. He doesn't quite get the woman philosophy of you have to buy to save! : )

No comments: