Sunday, May 4, 2008

Princess-Niecey L

I thought maybe I should wait for my SIL, Lyz, to post about this weekend. She is the MOB (not mother of the bride, but rather mother of the birthday girl) after all. Oh well, I guess I beat her to it! So some highlights from our weekend:

*Friday, we finished Sholay (a Hindi movie) with CA, JP and S?. And ate some gumbo made by JJ (yum!).

*Saturday we made it to AJ and LJ's (BIL and SIL) house in time for mini LJ's princess party. She was allll dressed up in a pink Sleeping Beauty dress made by her G'ma CM. She was so excited it was hillarious.

*Friend #1 comes. Niecey LJ yells "A's here - get a blower!" (One of her party favors was a little princess themed noisemaker.)

*Then, someone suggested she put her crown on. She said she couldn't until her party started (at 10:00 am and not a moment before).

*Lil' LJ and little bro BJ go downstairs to play with the friends who are there while waiting for the rest to come. LJ says, "Let's go on a princess adventure!" Someone says, "Yes!" with an arm raised triumphantly in the air. Any guesses who was so enthusiastically behind the idea? Brother BJ! Ha!

*SIL LJ has tons of games arranged -- she was so organized it was delightful. The kiddos had a blast with lots of different princess-themed non-competitive events. The party ended with foam crown decorating, eating a beautiful cake decorated and shaped as a princess crown and ice cream, and of course gift opening. LJ had an awesome idea to have two "thrones" - one for bday girl LJ and one for the person giving the gift. Niecey LJ knew who the gift was from, could immediately thank (and hug) the friend and the other girl felt superspecial.

*I helped SIL LJ at her MOM's Club rummage sale. When we got back, I triumphantly told JJ I didn't even buy anything! Of course, I'm not pregnant and we don't have any children, so it wasn't too much of a stretch...

*Later, the family bday party - complete with brinner! (Breakfast for dinner - source: Scrubs) We had pancakes - yum - and then LJ opened the rest of her presents with her cute quips "She's so clever!" when she opened her Great Gma's present, for example.

*We got lots of hang out time with AJ and the fam. It was fabulous! We got home this morning in time to go to Church to the latest service. It was about the Holy Spirit. I so enjoy Pastor Paul and the worship team at Hope. Yay Hope!

*Today, Sunday, the weather was so beautiful. JJ had to go study at the Union... boo finals week... but we walked there together and then I went for a jog (help work off all that delicious cake and ice cream!). Then, back to the Union and I finished correcting almost all of the papers that have piled up from this crazy, hectic last week.

*Now, finally, I have my feet up and my laptop out -- ready to scan facebook, get out the new book I'm reading, and get ready for tomorrow!

No comments: