Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BBQ anyone?

We are the proud new owners of a webber grill. No, no, no, CPJ, it is nothing in comparision to your mighty grill, but it is a grill nonetheless. Here's the story of how we came to aquire such an aquisition:

This weekend, my parents decided to drive my Grandpa (and Grandma) around to various places important to my Grandpa - the place where his parents are buried, the place he went to school, the homes of his grandparents and their graves, etc. It was an important trip. My Mom even learned that the reason my Grandpa grew up Lutheran is his parents were Catholic, but the closest Catholic Church was too far and there was a Lutheran Church just down the road. Who knew? For my Dad, it would've saved a bit of trouble when they got married if he was already Catholic back in the day! : ) So, since they were on the road and only about an hour away from our home, they decided to make it a full weekend getaway and come visit us in the process. We planned a BBQ to celebrate the occassion and then found out my Uncle D would be in town from Denver celebrating his niece's graduation from a local high school. Even more to celebrate! Then, we invited CA, JPJ and MJ (JP's sister, who just got here from India to celebrate CA and JP's wedding). (You can see how the list is growing and growing!) Well, fast forward to Monday morning and enter the rain. Boo. We just could not hang out at U Park in the rain and cold - especially with my grandparents. JPJ and CA have a small gas grill which would be fine if it was just a few people and a few entres. So, we bought a grill. As JJ put it, "I can't believe we hadn't bought one sooner!" He does all the cooking, so I really can't argue. Even my Grandpa said I better hang on to him. : )

Here is the abundant menu from yesterday:

Grilled chicken
Hot dogs
Hamburgers
Corn with a butter spice rub
Apple salad
Watermelon
Cookies
Pop
S'mores

Yum-o! (Thanks RR!)

No comments: