Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A big stinkin' update...

Well hello little neglected friend.  How are you?  What have you been up to?  Me?  What have I been up to?  Wellllllllll....

Lately I have been on a huge roller coaster ride (not unlike the "ride" I felt while I was in labor).  There have been so many ups and downs and twists and turns... I know that with my "backtracking" of details I will miss things... but here's what's been up with the Js lately:

*Monday we had our Bye Bye BBQ.  We expected about 15 people (from RSVPs/verbal commitment) and about 30 people showed up.  It was overwhelming and emotional for me that so many people came to say good bye to us and hang out.  We had so much food it was incredible.  Actually we way way "over bought" hot dogs and I don't think anyone got seconds because there were just that many people.  

*We had fabulous pictures taken Tues. morning - in between rain - MVJ did really well - there are her typical serious poses/faces and some smilers.  Also the pictures were free, which was a huge blessing to us as moving costs kept coming in and paychecks... sadly didn't...

*We went to Fargo so JJ could be in a golf tourney - his brother A's annual fundraiser event - with his bro, Dad and the Pastor at A's Church.  MVJ got some classic cousin time while I got to hang out with SIL LJ and MIL BJ.  We ate out at Kobe (thanks A and L!!) - a Japanese steakhouse - where they make the fried rice and stirfry RIGHT THERE.  Yum-o!  Even MVJ did well with the veggies and rice.

*Wednesday evening we came home and had a mad rush of last minute packing.  JJ also helped TL build a patio at the A's (where JJ painted earlier in the summer).  JJ was very interested in the process and learned a lot from T.

*Thursday evening we played our last volleyball game (and won!).  Woohoo!  Then we hit the road for the Bizzo to visit my family and attend my 10 year high school reunion.

*The reunion was great!  It started out kind of slow with only a handful of people but definitely picked up.  I got to see friends I hadn't seen in forever and really catch up with some close ones.  I got to meet a few newbies - new kiddos, new hubbies, new boyfriends, new puppies, etc!  AND I got to meet my internet BFF!  TH, I had such a great time meeting you in person!  You are a neat chicky - RH is very lucky!  And c'mon... KH is ADORABLE.  What a sweetiepie!  Too bad we didn't get to hang out longer... but kiddos and people dragged us in different directions!

*We enjoyed family time - my brother WK took us out on the river in his boat, we ran tons of errands, played some cards, ate some delicious food, and went on a few walks.  It was a sad day Monday morning when we headed out.  My family is small and close and a move this big is hard on them.  It will be a great adventure and we know that we'll be moving closer to home eventually. 

*We met up with our nephew MJ (of the Michigan Js) in F along with SIL LJ and kiddos LJ, BJ and AJ.  YAY IHOP!  It was delicious and so fun to see you on our brunch stopover.  We can't wait for our very first visitors: AJ, LJ and parents-in-law CJ and BJ coming next week already!

*THEN we hit the lake with the Ls!  YAY!  It was such a fabulous time... except for the fact that I got supersick.  YUCK!  I'll spare you the details, but just know there was lots of throwing up (3x in the car...) and the big D.  It would come and go so I did get some quality game time as well as boat time.  Fun, fun.  The cabin was perfect and the lake was amazing.  The Ls are awesome hosts and it was so wonderful of LL's parents to let us chill at their cabin.

*BACK to GF on Tuesday - JJ helped with some finishing of the patio while I (again) did more packing/cleaning.  What a not fun process.  I told JJ that we canNOT move again for at least a few years!

*What did we do Wednesday?  Oh... let's see... MVJ's babysitter friend MM came over to hang out with the M girl so we could do some last minute errands (drop off a friend's CM order... check... close our bank account... check... get the moving van situated and picked up... check...).  We then got official word that we had our apartment secured in KS.  Jeez Louise... that was quite the process.  I mean, obviously, they want to make sure we can pay for it and aren't naughty people, but oh my word.  We jumped through more than a few hoops.

*Thursday was THE BIG DAY.  The big moving day.  Puke.  But it went SOOOOO smoothly.  Again, we have THE BEST friends in the world.  I can never ever thank them enough or do enough for them.  It makes me emotional thinking of our friend CJ who came over at 9:00 and DID NOT STOP moving/packing/cleaning until we were done at 3:00 (ok we all stopped for a quick pizza break, but that was it!).  And then our friend GJ who moved and packed and stuffed and took things apart so they would fit easier.  Oh and our friend AO who watched MVJ.  I was nervous about her being gone all day, but when I dropped her off, she jumped right into AO's arms.  Pretty sure my worry went right out the window with that.  AO is amazing -- she even called us the day before to make sure she had a good lunch prepared that MVJ would enjoy.  What a great lady!  And then our friends the Ls... who had SO MUCH going on and then they came over and moved and packed and cleaned.  They are amazing.  AND THEN they drove with us to KS.  Amazing I tell you.

More about the move from the KS side another day.  Both of my babes are sleeping... which means I should be.... UNPACKING!  : )

2 comments:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

What a busy, crazy, fun, sad, exciting time for you guys! I'm bummed we weren't able to see each other before you guys moved but I know it will work out someday for our little girls to meet and play together! :)

Make sure you take some time to RELAX in your new home! You deserve it!

I can't wait to hear the move stories and all of the new this, new that, new people, new places stories that you will have to share from KC! :)

LOVE YOU!

JJ and EJ said...

Yeah, it was a crazy couple of weeks! We tried to fit EVERYTHING in that we could... but boo that it didn't work to hang out with you and your fam! I feel like we'll head to the cities some time in the future - so we'll definitely let you know ahead of time!!

Thanks - it's been busy here too though! JJ is golfing so maybe I'll do some relaxing now! : )

Thanks EE - so good to always get your sunny messages!

--EJ