Tuesday, June 22, 2010

AWESOME FRIENDS

First of all:  Yeah, yeah, yeaaaaah!

Second of all:  We are officially moving to KC.  Let the frantic planning BEGIN!

Now on to the post.  We seriously have the best friends ever.  I won't be able to count all the ways they are fabulous, but let me give you just a few examples:

*Friends praying for us every step of the way: praying that JJ could get an interview.  Praying that JJ could get in somewhere.  Praying that JJ COULD GET INTO UND!  Praying for our move.

*Friends offering sympathetic ears -- lots of big changes and some friends have "been there, done that".  Sometimes I just need those positive pushes to get me out of an "oh woe is me" attitude.

*Friends bringing over boxes.  Yahoo!  Let the packing continue!

*Friends offering to help pack said boxes -- which I declined (I'm sick of packing!  Let's go for a walk instead!)

*Friends offering to watch the Chooch Monster -- Daddy's new nickname for her... kinda has stuck -- while I pack said boxes.

*Friends offering to load aforementioned packed boxes into our van, car, uhaul (penske?  budget truck?), and truck.

*Friends OFFERING TO MOVE US TO KC, which includes the use of their truck.  Oh, we love you so much TL and LL.  Can I tell you more about TL?  He's accepted to attend UND Med School and found out he is also in at U of M.  He basically straight out asked JJ if he moves to U of M, would that mean that JJ could get in - if it would - he would sacrifice for JJ.  Makes me emotional just thinking about it.   Oh, and that also tells you how awesome of a candidate he is!  Go TL!

Seriously.  We have the best friends.

1 comment:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

First off: CONGRATS!!! I saw that you won and was so excited for you! WooHoo!

Second off: Wow! What a move! It will be awesome though! God has such amazing plans for you two and apparently it just so happens that some of them take place in KC! So since you are going to KC I wanted to tell you about IHOP (not the pancake house!) if you've never heard of it. It stands for International House of Prayer. Ron went down there once and said it was really amazing! They actually have a room where people are praying 24 hours!

So when will you be moving? Just wondering because I will actually be in GF for a few days the weekend of July 31st. I would love to see you and meet your little one before you move if it works out. Even if we just get to see each other for 5 minutes I would love it!

Congrats again!