Monday, October 12, 2009

Trip to B-Town

I had a conference in my hometown this week (Wed-Fri) and it worked p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y. It was great to spend some extra time with my family and MVJ really warmed up to Gma and Gpa K, which was so great to see! They have a little chair that has tons of little learning things around it, which sing and make noise. MVJ was in heaven and it was just the cutest thing! She'd sit there hitting buttons, moving gears, and turning pages while DANCING to the music. It was the cutest thing seeing her little tush bopping around. The conference was awesome, by the way, and now I have to process all the info. that was thrown at me via presenters, speakers, books, and even the vendors. I did come away with tons of ideas... and even some math tricks! I can tell you which day any date falls on in the past and future. I was amazing my family with which day of the week they were born on. It's all supposed to be done mentally, of course, but I still have to use pen and paper -- BUT I can do it! : )

JJ had a YUCKY cold and Uncle WK had to babysit one morning. MVJ, just being herself, made sure that he did his calestethics that morning. She just worries so much about her family's fitness. JJ, after sleeping extra Thursday evening and Saturday morning (thank you Gma and Gpa, we LOVE YOU! Being able to sleep in is truly a GIFT!), started feeling much better.

MVJ got to meet Great-Great-Aunt HW, my Gpa's sister. She LOVES MVJ and sends nice notes often! We got pictures of her by the quilt she made MVJ (she does her quilting by hand... it's gorgeous work!). She ALSO got a new tooth! Ugh.. no wonder she woke up FIVE times Wed. night, FOUR times Thurs. night, TWO times Fri. night (much better), but then again FOUR times Sat. night. When this Mommy is used to getting a full night's sleep, it makes it that much harder to be thrown into no sleep - especially when listening to a dry speaker here and there at the conference. Thank goodness most sessions were an hour long, so I could get up and walk around in between!

No comments: