Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DATE NIGHT!!

JJ decided before we left for our little trip that he'd like to have a date night. We really had to twist Gma and Gpa K.'s arm, but FINALLY the agreed to babysit. ; ) JJ was the perfect hubby and let me make all the decisions. I think he just likes to see me squirm. I am NOT a decision maker and I think I've gotten worse lately. After looking at almost all of our options and taking tons of recommendations for anyone who would offer them, FINALLY, the decisions were made and off we went.

I decided on DiDonna's for supper. JJ wasn't super impressed, but I enjoyed most of the meal. We shared every part so we could try more stuff. I even ordered an Italian soda -mmm! After ordering strawberry, JJ commented that that would've been the last flavor he would've ordered for me. We're always learning more about eachother, even after 5 1/2 years of marriage. : ) We had tomato/mozz. cheese salad (with red peppers and kalamata olives), but no balsamic or oregano or anything... a little bland... and the cheese wasn't the best I've ever had. (CM [SIL LJ's mom]'s caprese salad was much better at E-fest). Then, I got to choose the main course: five-cheese manicotti with red sauce. JJ didn't like the red sauce, but I thought this part was delish -- a little bland, just how I like it!! For desert we shared some tiramisu and thought about our friend JBP, and his Johnnymisu. This was JJ's favorite part of the meal and I agreed that it was delish!

I don't think we even FOCUSED on MVJ, like we normally do even when we have some time to ourselves. It was nice. Then we went back home to feed her before the movie, but she was sleeping! We headed out for "The Proposal" (my choice of course). It was a cute movie, with some funny parts, overall a little predictable but nice. When we got home, MVJ was awake (and apparently had been for just about the whole movie) and ready to eat, after refusing two different bottles/sippy cups. Stinker! Good thing she's so cute! ; ) She slept ok Saturday night, but I think she kept waking up because she was cold - she kept kicking off her blankies, and Gma and Gpa K's house (along with practically EVERYONE'S residence) is colder than our HOT apartment (I blame it on living next to the boiler room).

1 comment:

Lanae Brown said...

What a fun night, we are in need of a date!

Do you have any sleep sacks? Kenzie loves to be cuddled up and warm, but she kicks her blankies off all the time too. The sleep sacks are great! We had a nice light cotton one for summer, but now we've busted out the fleece! Adley Anne's downtown has them.