Saturday, September 6, 2014

Slow-Cooked Coconut Chicken

I have been CRAVING some Green Mill lately.  Spinach Dip and Coconut Chicken Fingers to be exact.  When I stumbled upon this recipe from my SIL's magazine stash, I knew I had to give it a go.  Almost the simplest dish you could ever throw together.  And side bonus?  When I FORCED M to try it, she closed her eyes in pure delight and asked for more.  Yup.  This is definitely being added to our recipe "list!"

Slow-Cooked Coconut Chicken
From: Taste of Home

 Ingredients:
1/2 c light coconut milk
2 T brown sugar
2 T soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 t ground cloves
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used chicken breasts! - about 1 1/2 lbs)
6 T flaked coconut, toasted
Minced fresh cilantro (oops!  I knew I forgot something!  Next time!!)

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.  Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.  Pour coconut milk mixture over top.  Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender (JJ said I overcooked ours... but it accidentally went a little longer than 5 hours!).  Serve with coconut and cilantro.  Yield: 6 servings

2 comments:

Lyz said...

If you want to use up that leftover coconut milk, Leah loves it when I put it in with the rice. The rice turns out not as sticky, but she loves the coconut flavor. :)

JJ and EJ said...

Good idea!! I used it in smoothies! :)