Thursday, September 25, 2014

¿Hablas Español?

I have found my teaching outlet!!  I volunteered to teach Spanish to M's Kindergarten class for 30 minutes once a week.  It is SO FUN!  I have found a lot of great resources, like this, from Pinterest and have also scoped out our local library for books in Spanish.

So far, the kiddos have:
  • practiced simple phrases like "Me llamo" (my name is), "Yo veo..." (I see...), "Buenas tardes" (good afternoon), "¿Cómo estás?" (How are you?),  "Muy bien, gracias." (Very well, thank you.), ¿Y tú? (And you?), and "Adios" (good bye).
  • sung a Buenas Tardes song (Good Afternoon) to the tune of Frere Jacques
  • learned color words
  • played "Busca, busca para algo..." (look, look for something... fill in with a color word)
  • listened to "How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?" in English and Spanish. 
I think they've enjoyed it.  They are a sweet class and seem excited about everything.  They have jumped on board with the singing and love the Busca, Busca game as well.  One little punky stood up the first day and said, "May I go to el baño before I have un accidente?"  She cracked me up and is a little spitfire!  It's been fun to get to know M's classmates as well.  I can put faces and personalities with the names M mentions when she gets home!

Next up... numbers! 

No comments: