Wednesday, May 11, 2011

#1 - Botanical Gardens

That's right friends, number 1 is off the list!  I know this is my summer to do list, but seriously, it is summer here.  The weather is hot.  JJ and I were both home this week.  The only thing nagging in the back of my mind is going back to work next week.  BOO.  But, I just keep telling myself -- it's only for two weeks!  I can do this!

Anyways, I entitled this post Botanical Gardens because I have a tough time spelling "Arboretum", which is what the place is actually called.  : )  Botanical Gardens is ALSO in the name, so I wasn't breaking too many rules, right?

We had a fantastic time checking out the Arboretum!  Some musts for us -- go early in the day before it gets too muggy and go early in the year before it gets too buggy!  It was absolutely beautiful, but I do think we need to go back because a) we missed the Children's Garden!  (oops!) and the Monet Garden with water lilies and such and b) the flowers weren't all blooming.  This place is open year-round, so actually I think we need to go during each season.  Oh, and that's totally possible, because did I mention this place is free?

A new thing for me with this blog will be to post some pictures, so here you go.

Just taking a stroll in the gardens...


Do you see the turtles sunning themselves?



Posing like the statue!

C and Daddy were there too!

 

1 comment:

The Elwells' Weekly said...

Looks like so much fun! Oh, and I must say that I love the pictures! I'm not always the greatest at looking at fb so it is fun to see pics here!