Friday, December 4, 2009

Phew...!

Yikes!  It's been awhile!  MVJ woke up at 6:00ish and after her morning feeding, I took her back into her room to get her dressed and diaper changed for the morning.  As I was walking her back, her head fell on my shoulder and just like that she was out!  I put her in her crib and she is still sound asleep (7:21).  Wow!  So this morning, I actually have my hair semi-done AND makeup on!  I facebooked a bit AND had time to taste my breakfast!  It's a good morning!

To take advantage of this time I thought I'd catch up a teeny bit of things (in totally random order) happening in our lives:

1.  Got the Christmas cards out ----> but I was so lazy -- it's only a picture.  I was thinking about doing an acrostic poem... or a quiz... or just a plain old letter and NONE of the above happened.  And then I gave some away to people I saw (JJ's fam over Thanksgiving for example) and then theirs didn't have "the note" so then I didn't want to give some notes to some people and not to others... or just send "the note" separately to them because the reason I hand delivered them in the first place was the save on postage.  PHEW!  So, it's just a picture this year.  Done and done.

2.  JJ sold Tang-tang (his '66 mustang).  Sad day.  But, happy day, too.  It's not like it's run in a few years and a) we don't really want to fix it now and b) JJ's parents didn't want to store it any longer (they had THREE old cars at their place!).

3.  JJ bought a big screen TV.  He just can't hold on to money for too long.  That mustang money was just sitting there in our bank account taunting him.  He didn't spend it all of course, but he has plans for the rest. . . like a car starter in the car I drive to work (YAY!).

4. MVJ is a stander from way back.  She pulls herself up onto EVERYTHING and walks along furniture.  I'm told it won't be long.  (won't be long until I lose my sanity is what people are saying behind that statement.)

5.  I put the Christmas decorations up.  And by up I mean way up.  (see #4).  We bought a mini live tree and I love it.  It's perfect for our little place.

6.  I finished a project I've been meaning to do for quite some time now.  MVJ LOVES pictures of babies.  (oh and real babies too but I couldn't do much about that...)  So, stealing an idea for SIL LJ, I cut out pictures of babies doing different things, affixed them to pretty paper cut into 4x6 mats, captioned them (i.e. Baby is sleeping.  Baby is eating.  Baby is happy.  etc.), and slid them into a small photo album.  I think it turned out really cute.  I hope MVJ likes it and doesn't try to eat the plastic that the photos slip into (we already know she'll TRY TO).

7.  Work, work, work:  between Thanksgiving and Christmas beak, I scheduled 3 IEPs, 2 Assessment Plan Meetings and the subsequent 2 Integrated Assessment Meetings.  Am I nuts??!  Yes, yes I am.  But, they seem to be going smoothly so far.  YAY!

8.  JJ secretly made me try a mushroom.  yuck

I just came in from starting my car.  Brrrrrr.  Can't wait for that car starter honey!  Ok, I better brush my teeth and hit the road jack.  

2 comments:

Lyz said...

Did you say yuck to the mushroom before or after you found out you'd eaten it?! You are such a silly girl.

Hey, the good thing about the photos of babies is that they can always be replaced, and if you use a cheap (or freebie) album, it doesn't matter if it gets destroyed!:)

Car starters are sooo awesome.

Anonymous said...

This just makes me laugh!!! Thanks for sharing. :)