Wednesday, December 9, 2009

If I could choose...

Alt. Title: Can I have a little of this... and a little of that... and NONE of that please?

Do you ever see kids doing cute things and wish your kid would do that?  I'm sure we all do.  Or, I do anyways!  I have two examples off the top of my head:

1) Our friends' daughter, IC, is the sweetest little thing.  It's been a while since we've seen her so she's probably doing even cuter things now, but when she would get her diaper changed, she would thank her parents!  Now come on.  MVJ SCREAMS when we change her diaper.  I try to tell her it isn't MY favorite thing to do either, but she doesn't buy it.  She just hates being made to stay in one place for any amount of time, nevermind the fact that her butt is being cleaned.  So anyways, to help this process along, I'm trying to do some baby signs.  I've heard some negative and positive things, but that's what IC used, so we're doin' it!

2) A little girl I used to babysit for would rub the back of the person holding her!  She was such a cuddle-bug!  It was so sweet!  Her mom attributed this to the fact that her uncle babysat her for a few months.  Said uncle was interested in law and it happened to be at the time of the OJ Simpson trial.  ALL DAY.  EVERY DAY. he would hold her and rub her back.  Well, THAT'S not going, but I've tried to rub her back while I'm swaying with her before bed.  This she has become receptive to, but hasn't quite returned the favor.  She HAS started humming herself to sleep, though, which is supercute.

2 comments:

Lyz said...

They pick up those things more as they get older - Ben loves to have his back rubbed, since I started doing it last fall. Of course, tonight at the restaurant wasn't the best timing...

LC and NC said...

I totally forgot Iz would thank us for doing pretty much everything for her. THank you for reminding me how sweet she can be since now...well she is almost 3 and even the simplest things can be an uphill battle. Even my laid-back, diplomatic husband gets his patience tested now!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! You'll have to come visit the new one once she arrives!