Saturday, October 4, 2014

Pecan Honey Chicken

I was at a total loss for meal ideas last week.  I literally had no go to meals that sounded amazing to me besides our weekly mac and cheese tradition (have I mentioned I can be worse than the kids in the food variety department?).  Usually in this case, I go to my Pinterest boards or the binder of recipes I made, but I decided instead to dust off my Grandma's (Dad's Mom) family's cookbook.  This cookbook was put together probably ten or so years ago and has some great recipes from some great people!  I dove in and found this little gem that came together so well and was very yummy - JJ said the chicken was a bit dry (always my downfall -- I am crazy weird about making so sure chicken is cooked that I USUALLY overcook it.) but otherwise he loved it.  C of course ate a helping and a half and M tried it and didn't hate it.  Win-win-win!

From my family to yours - enjoy this Pecan Honey Chicken!  *Note- I halved the recipe and we had just enough leftovers for one lunch portion.  I served it with rice.

6 skinned chicken breasts                        1 c flour
1/2 c butter                                               1 tsp baking powder
1 egg                                                        2 tsp salt
1/2 c milk                                                 2 tsp sesame seeds
Honey                                                      2 TBSP chopped pecans


Melt butter in baking dish.  Mix egg and milk for dipping.  Mix dry ingredients together.  Dip chicken in milk and egg.  Coat with flour mixture.  Drizzle additional melted butter and honey over chicken pieces in pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Turn chicken; drizzle with honey and bake for 20-30 minutes more. 


No comments: